So, in another post recently I was talking about how peanut butter just makes everything better. And really, when I look at these pancakes I just know that truer words were never spoken.
What’s that saying? ‘It’s the best thing since sliced bread’. I think it should have rather been: ‘It’s the best thing since peanut butter!‘
Whatever the ‘thing’ is. Cos I think it could be argued that peanut butter is the best invention ever.
These chocolate chip peanut butter pancakes take something that is simply amazing – pancakes -and then add on layers upon layers of deliciousness: peanut butter and chocolate chips, and melted peanut butter and melted chocolate.
Is this breakfast or dessert or what?
The basic pancake recipe I’ve taken from my vegan pancakes with jam and cream. Because as a base recipe, it’s a total winner. And from there I just added in some peanut butter and some chocolate chips!
The peanut butter flavor in the actual pancakes is subtle, not strong. But then you top them with some melted peanut butter to really make that peanut butter flavor pop!
The chocolate chips of course go all melty and delicious and that mixes with the peanut butter flavor and basically it equals a party in your mouth.
This recipe makes around 6 pancakes, depending on how big you make them.
The melted chocolate on top is totally recommended by the way, but if you wanted to tone down the decadence you could also leave it out. Or use some chocolate syrup instead!
I’m thinking you’re totally going to love these chocolate chip peanut butter pancakes. I mean the reasoning is all already there in the name! But here’s a few more reasons! They are:
- Peanut Butter Flavored
- Breakfast and Dessert!
- So easy
Enjoy them with melted peanut butter and chocolate for a breakfast/dessert experience of note!
So let us know what you think of these chocolate chip peanut butter pancakes! Rate the recipe and leave us a comment if you have any questions! And if you make them, snap a pic and tag us #lovingitvegan on instagram so we don’t miss seeing it!
For more delicious breakfast recipes, check out:
Sign up to our email list while you’re here! You’ll get an awesome free recipe ebook and you’ll stay updated with all our latest recipes.Print
Fluffy and delicious vegan peanut butter pancakes with chocolate chips! Served with drizzled peanut butter and melted chocolate, this is a dessert/breakfast experience of note!
- 1 and 1/4 cups (156g) All Purpose Flour
- 3 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 cup (240ml) Soy Milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1 Flax Egg
- 1/4 cup (63g) Peanut Butter
- 3.5oz (100g) Vegan Chocolate (either chocolate chips or a slab chopped into small chunks)
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and add the sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Prepare your flax egg by mixing 1 Tbsp flaxseed meal with 3 Tbsp Hot water and allowing to sit for a minute.
- Add the soy milk (or other non-dairy milk) and flax egg to the mixing bowl and whisk briefly with a hand whisk to combine.
- Then add in the peanut butter and whisk it in.
- Add in the chopped chocolate or the chocolate chips and stir in with a spoon.
- Add a little coconut oil to a frying pan and let it heat up until hot (not smoking) before adding roughly a 1/4 cup of batter.
- Small bubbles will appear on the surface of the pancake and the edges will start to look dry, that is the time to flip it over.
- Cook each pancake for around 3 minutes until both sides are golden brown.
- Serve with melted peanut butter and melted chocolate for a decadent treat.
*Recipe adapted from our Vegan Pancakes with Jam and Cream.
- Serving Size: 1 Pancake
- Calories: 292
- Sugar: 10.5g
- Sodium: 415mg
- Fat: 14.1g
- Saturated Fat: 5.7g
- Carbohydrates: 34.1g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 8.1g