This chocolate peanut butter smoothie is made with 5 easy ingredients and takes 5 minutes. The perfect power shake to start off the day just right.
Peanut butter and bananas are a match made in heaven.
Add chocolate to that mix and your tastebuds will have a tastegasm. Yes, that’s a real word.
This chocolate peanut butter smoothie has just 5 ingredients, takes 5 minutes or less to prepare and makes a simply sensational breakfast that will power you up for the day like nothing else.
Or you can just go ahead and have it anytime you like, because you know, snacks.
This chocolate shake is smooth, rich, creamy, chocolatey, dreamy and decadent, while also being hearty and healthy.
How To Make A Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
You will find full instructions and measurements in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. This is a summary of the process to go along with the process photos.
Add frozen bananas to your blender jug along with peanut butter, soy milk, medjool dates and cocoa powder.
Blend until smooth.
Pour it out into glasses and enjoy right away! A sprinkle of vegan chocolate chips and a drizzle of melted peanut butter are entirely optional (but recommended).
Frozen bananas. This smoothie tastes best with frozen bananas. Whenever you have an excess of ripe bananas on hand, peel them, break them into quarters and place into a freezer bag and freeze. Bananas should have been frozen for at least 12 hours and be properly frozen for best results in this smoothie.
Drink immediately. This shake is best enjoyed immediately. It’s so delicious you’re not going to want to wait, so that part will be easy!
More Delicious Smoothie Recipes
- Cherry Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- Blueberry Banana Smoothie
- Watermelon Smoothie
- Strawberry Mango Smoothie
- Vegan Green Smoothie
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a comment and rating below!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
- 3 Medium Frozen Bananas (300g)
- ¼ cup Peanut Butter (63g)
- 1 cup Soy Milk (240ml)
- 2 Medjool Dates Pitted
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder Unsweetened
For Serving (Optional):
- Peanut Butter Melted, drizzled
- Vegan Chocolate Chips Sprinkled
- Add the frozen bananas to your blender jug along with the peanut butter, soy milk, medjool dates and cocoa powder.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour out into glasses and serve with some melted drizzled peanut butter on top and some vegan chocolate chips (optional).
- Whenever you have an excess of ripe bananas on hand, peel them, break them into quarters and place into a freezer bag and freeze. Bananas should have been frozen for at least 12 hours and be properly frozen for best results in this smoothie.
- Feel free to use a different non-dairy milk if you prefer.
- Medjool dates are good for this as they are nice and soft and blend very nicely, but you can definitely substitute for any other kind of date or a different kind of sweetener such as a tablespoon or two of maple syrup if you prefer.