Oh wow, these vegan brownies you guys! Fudgy and rich and everything a brownie should be.
Topped with vegan whipped cream and drizzled with melted chocolate because dessert.
The tops get all nice and shiny and cracked, which is just perfect for brownies don’t you think?
The best way to eat brownies is with some vegan whipped cream or some delicious vegan ice cream. If you serve them nice and warm from the oven with cream or ice cream, well that’s even better!
Lots of cocoa!
There is a lot of cocoa in this recipe, which gives it the extremely rich chocolate flavor. But to counter-balance the cocoa, you need more sugar, so don’t be shocked out of your little cotton socks by the fact of 2 cups of sugar. Every granule is put to good use to create the most delicious vegan brownies ever.
For a little extra kick and to enhance the flavors I added a little instant coffee powder to the recipe as well. And I think it worked great. You don’t really taste the coffee but there is the sense of a little something something going on to create an extra layer of flavor.
With brownies you’re not going for light and fluffy but rather dense and fudgy and that is what you have here in abundance. Extra moist, fudgy and decadent brownies that are super rich and chocolatey.
You will love these vegan brownies!
- Beautifully textured
- Super fudgy
- Rich and extremely chocolatey
- Thick and dense
- Super moist and flavorful
So what do you think of these decadent vegan brownies? I highly recommend you make them pronto. And let us know how it goes.
For more fabulous chocolate goodies, check out:
- Chocolate Donuts with Chocolate Glaze
- Chocolate Sheet Cake with Chocolate Fudge Frosting
- Chocolate Caramel Tarts
- Vegan Chocolate Pie
- Chocolate Ganache Pecan Pie
Sign up to our email list for a fabulous free recipe ebook containing 10 recipes, and to stay updated with all our latest recipes!
These super moist, fudgy and beautifully textured vegan brownies are rich, decadent and delightful! Serve with vegan cream or ice cream for a fabulous dessert experience.
For the Brownies:
- 2 cups (250g) All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup (86g) Cocoa Powder (unsweetened)
- 2 cups (400g) Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup (240ml) Vegan Buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp Instant Coffee Powder
- 1 cup (240ml) Vegetable Oil (I used olive)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a square baking dish with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder into a mixing bowl and add the sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Prepare the vegan buttermilk by adding 1 Tbsp lemon juice into a measuring jug and then adding soy milk up to the 1 cup (240ml) line. Allow to sit for a minute to curdle.
- Add the buttermilk, coffee powder, vegetable oil and vanilla and mix well.
- Pour the batter out into a square baking dish and smooth down.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clear (moist crumbs are fine, wet batter is not!). Mine took exactly 38 minutes but ovens will differ.
- Serve with vegan whipped cream or vegan ice cream and drizzles of melted vegan chocolate.
*Nutritional information is for 1 Large Brownie (of 9) without additional toppings.
*The dish I used was 9×9 inch square.
*Weigh your flour for accurate results as flour measures are notoriously tricky!
*Recipe adapted from All Recipes.
- Serving Size: 1 Brownie (of 9)
- Calories: 524
- Sugar: 45.4g
- Sodium: 202mg
- Fat: 26g
- Saturated Fat: 4.1g
- Carbohydrates: 73.2g
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Protein: 5.6g
Keywords: vegan brownies