This tahini mushroom sauce is so good served over pretty much anything.
Over rice? Fabulous. On baked potatoes? Unbelievable. On pasta? Yum!
It’s a simple 6-ingredient sauce that you can whip up anytime and turn some boring old rice or pasta into a gourmet meal.
And we have a video for this as well! See below!
What you’ll love about this sauce is the richness of the flavor.
If you’re a fan of the mighty mushroom then you’re in for a treat because the way the mushrooms mix so fabulously with the sweet, salty and creamy flavors in this dish is magical.
As a lifelong mushroom lover, this is a sauce I come back to again and again.
It’s just so easy to make, and just soooo good.
So go on with your bad self and make this sauce!
You will love how easy it is to throw together, how rich, creamy and spicy it is, and how it goes perfectly with just about anything you could choose to pour it over!
So let me know what you think of this sauce in the comments!
If you’ve made it then come back here and let us know how it went by rating it and leaving a comment too.
Snap a pic if you’re so inclined and tag it #lovingitvegan on Instagram so all the rest of us mushroom lovers can check it out.
- 18 oz (500g) White Button Mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) Dark Soy Sauce
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) Date Honey or Maple Syrup
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Rosemary and Olive Dried Spice (or any dried spice of your choice)
- 3 Tbsp (45g) Tahini
- Slice the mushrooms.
- In a bowl, mix the soy sauce, date honey or maple syrup and dried spice.
- Crush the clove of garlic and add it to the sauce.
- Add the mushrooms to a pan or a wok and pour over the sauce.
- Cover the pan/wok and turn to medium high.
- When the mushrooms have started to release their water, remove the lid and let the water cook off, stirring occasionally.
- When the sauce is reduced so that there is little water remaining, turn the heat down low and stir in the tahini.
- Remove from the heat.
- Serve over penne with chopped cilantro.