Rich, velvety and ultra cheesy vegan queso with just enough of a spicy kick. The perfect dip for some tortilla chips!
This vegan queso is so cheesy your friends won’t believe it’s vegan!
It’s also ready in 30 minutes and served with loads of corn chips for dipping will make you the snack queen.
So let’s do this!
How to make Vegan Queso
We start off sautéeing some onion and garlic in olive oil and then add some potato and carrot (seriously, these are amazing for cheesy texture!) and a jalapeño chili and some spices and cook it all up in some vegetable stock.
When that’s all cooked you add it to the blender with some cashews, sundried tomatoes, nutritional yeast, hot sauce, and salt and pepper!
And that’s it really! Serve it with some sliced pickled jalapeños and fresh cilantro and of course, lots of corn chips and you’re the bees knees.
What does Vegan Queso taste like?
Like rich velvety cheese!
The sundried tomatoes create a deliciously rich flavor that contrasts so well with the cheesiness and there’s just enough spiciness in there to create a nice little mouth buzz but nothing extreme.
What to eat with Vegan Queso
This vegan queso has more uses than just a dip! It is of course also great over some vegan nachos, with fries, on vegetables (hello cheese sauce for broccoli!), and it’s fabulous as a pasta sauce.
But as a simple dip for some corn/tortilla chips, it can’t be beat.
How long does Vegan Queso Last?
Keep it in a stored container in the fridge and it will last around 5 days.
Can you freeze Vegan Queso?
Yes, this is freezer friendly.
I hope you will love this delicious vegan queso dip! It is:
- Super cheesy
- Smooth and creamy
- Rich and velvety
- Quick and easy
It makes the perfect dip and will easily serve 4-6 people. Keep leftovers covered in the fridge and either enjoy cold or reheat as you prefer!
More Vegan Dips!
- Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Vegan Onion Dip
- Cashew Queso
- Vegan Spinach Dip
- Vegan Guacamole
- Vegan Nacho Cheese
So what do you think of this vegan queso recipe? Let us know in the comments and please rate the recipe too!
Sign up to our email list for a fabulous ebook containing 10 dinner recipes (absolutely free!) and to stay updated with all our latest recipes posted to the blog.
The best vegan queso! Rich, velvety and ultra cheesy with just enough spicy kick, this quick and easy queso makes the perfect dip for some tortilla chips!
- 1 Onion (Chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Crushed Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Potato (~200g) (Peeled and Diced)
- 1 Large Carrot (Peeled and Chopped)
- 1 Jalapeño Chili (Deseeded and Chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2 cups (480ml) Vegetable Stock
- 1 cup (150g) Raw Cashews
- 6 Sundried Tomatoes (2oz/56g)
- 1/4 cup (15g) Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp Hot Sauce
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Sliced Pickled Jalapeños
- Fresh Cilantro
- Corn Chips/Tortilla Chips
- Add the olive oil to a pot with the chopped onions and crushed garlic and sauté until softened.
- Then add the potato, carrot, jalapeño, cumin, paprika and cayenne pepper and sauté to mix in the spices.
- Add in the vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat and let it simmer until the vegetables are soft and cooked.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Add the cooked veggie mix to the blender with the cashews, sundried tomatoes, nutritional yeast, hot sauce, sea salt and black pepper. Blend until smooth and cheesy.
- Pour into a serving dish and top with sliced pickled jalapeños and fresh chopped cilantro.
- Serve with tortilla chips for dipping.
*If you want a thinner cheese consistency you can add in a little coconut milk when blending (up to a quarter cup (60ml)) to thin it out a bit more.
*We did not soak the cashew nuts first for this. Since they are blending up with a lot of soft cooked veggies and veg stock, there is generally enough liquid for an easy blend. If you think you might have an issue with your blender though then soak them in boiling water for 5-10 minutes to soften.
- Category: Dip, Savory, Side, Gluten-Free
- Method: Stovetop, Blender
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 124
- Sugar: 3.8g
- Sodium: 160mg
- Fat: 6.7g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1g
- Carbohydrates: 12.6g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Protein: 3.7g
Keywords: vegan queso