A kahlua coffee is basically an Irish coffee with kahlua instead of whiskey. Since kahlua is already coffee flavored it goes fabulously well in coffee!
And topped with some delicious whipped coconut cream and some grated dark chocolate this is a seriously good drink!
Kahlua is already quite sweet so adding it to the coffee already provides some sweetness, but I found that adding a teaspoon of brown sugar to each glass before adding the cream made it the perfect sweetness.
But this is a personal preference thing so just taste test it before adding any sugar in case it’s just right as it is.
Making these kahlua coffees could not be easier! It’s just a case of making some filter coffee and then adding it to wine glasses along with a shot (per glass) of kahlua.
Spoon some whipped coconut cream over the top (plain, not sweetened) and then add some grated dark chocolate to the top for decoration.
You get the nice kick from the caffeine along with the pleasant buzz from the kahlua and all in the most delicious drink!
You will love a delicious kahlua coffee, it is:
- A perfect after-dinner drink
- Combines coffee and coffee liqueur
- Perfectly sweet
- Topped with delicious cream and chocolate
- Like a dessert and a cocktail all-in-one.
Have your coffee, your dessert and a cocktail in one fabulous drink!
If you make this, let us know how it turns out! And tag any pics #lovingitvegan on instagram!
And do sign up to our email list! You’ll get an awesome free recipe book and stay up to date with all our latest recipes too!
- 1 and ¼ cups Filter Coffee (300ml)
- 2 Shots Kahlua (50ml) or other coffee liqueur
- Sugar to taste
- Vegan Whipped Cream
- Vegan Dark Chocolate Grated
- Take 2 wine glasses and add a shot of kahlua to each. Then pour in filter coffee until near to the top.
- Taste test to see if you'd like added sugar and add sugar to reach the required sweetness.
- Spoon vegan whipped cream on top and then sprinkle on some grated vegan dark chocolate.
- Serve immediately.
- Prep time includes making the filter coffee and while the filter coffee is being made, you can whip up the vegan whipped cream. Assembly of the drinks only takes a minute.
- Nutritional estimate includes a generous amount of whipped cream, chocolate and a teaspoon of sugar in each glass.