Ooooh deliciously buttery, fluffy, comforting vegan mashed potatoes!
Add roasted garlic and you go straight to food heaven!
What I love about mashed potatoes is that once you’ve added your bits and pieces: vegan butter, plant milk, spices and roasted garlic, you’re done.
It doesn’t need to be mixed with anything else, it is absolutely perfect as is.
It’s a side dish, or a main course all on its own!
Serve it with something, or as a standalone dish.
Garnish with some chives to add delicious color and crunch.
The roasted garlic adds so much richness to the flavor.
I don’t think I ever want to eat mashed potatoes without roasted garlic ever again.
These vegan mashed potatoes are smooth, buttery, fluffy, light, garlic-infused and creamy!
You will love how melt-in-the-mouth these mashed potatoes are and how the roasted garlic flavor blends in just perfectly.
Serve as a side dish or as a quick and easy meal on its own.
Let me know what you think of these gorgeous roasted garlic vegan mashed potatoes in the comments.
And if you make this recipe, I’d love to see a photo of it, tag me #lovingitvegan on instagram. 🙂
- 4 Large Potatoes
- Head of Garlic
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 4 Tbsp Vegan Butter
- ¼-1/2 cup Soy Milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1.5 tsp Rosemary and Olive Spice (or other dried spice mix that contains salt)
- Fresh Chives
- Preheat the oven to 430 degrees fahrenheit (220 degrees celsius). Make your roasted garlic by peeling the outer flaky layers off the head of garlic, then using a knife chop off just the tips of the garlic. Wrap in tinfoil, pour over 1 tsp Olive Oil and rub it into the garlic. Close the tinfoil and bake for 35 mins until perfectly roasted. For pictures and full step by step instructions go to my Roasted Garlic Tutorial.
- Peel and slice the potatoes into halves and then slice each half into quarters. Place the potatoes into a pot and cover with water. Bring to the boil and cook covered for around 20-25 minutes until soft.
- When the potatoes are cooked, drain the water from the pot and leave the potatoes behind in the pot and allow them to sit for a few minutes as any remaining water on the potatoes will dry off.
- Then add the vegan butter and mash in with a potato masher.
- Then add the soy milk, starting with ¼ cup and mashing it in, if it still looks a little dry, add the rest of the soy milk.
- By this time the garlic should be roasted. Using your fingers, pop the cloves of the garlic out, and then mash with a fork. Mash in with the potatoes.
- Lastly add the rosemary and olive spice, or other dried spice mix containing salt and mix in.
- Garnish with fresh chives and serve.