Ooooh deliciously buttery, fluffy, comforting vegan mashed potatoes!
Add roasted garlic and you go straight to food heaven. Seriously.
Ready? Let’s do this!
This recipe uses an entire head of roasted garlic and it tastes fabulous!
To roast a head of garlic all you have to do is peel off the outer flaky layers from the head of garlic and then use a knife to just chop off the tips of the garlic.
Wrap in tinfoil and pour over a teaspoon of olive oil and rub the oil into the garlic. Close up the tinfoil and bake in the oven for 35 minutes until perfectly roasted!
Let it cool a little before you pop the garlic out of the cloves with your fingers and then mash them up with a fork. For a full tutorial for making roasted garlic check out our post how to make roasted garlic.
Roasted garlic adds a wonderful richness to these mashed potatoes.
Sure, you can make yourself some pretty awesome vegan mashed potatoes without it, but once you’ve had it with roasted garlic you’re not ever going to want to go without it again.
And it doesn’t add much time to the recipe since you have to cook the potatoes anyway, you might as well have some roasted garlic on the go in the oven at the same time.
While the garlic is roasting you peel and chop the potatoes, and then add to a pot with just enough water to cover the potatoes, bring to the boil and let them cook until soft.
Mash up with some vegan butter, soy milk, roasted garlic and some sea salt and black pepper. Top with some chopped chives and there you have it, roasted garlic mashed potato perfection!
I am pretty sure you are going to love these vegan mashed potatoes! They are:
You will love how melt-in-the-mouth these mashed potatoes are and how the roasted garlic flavor blends in just perfectly.
They’re wonderfully simple to make, but really deliver in terms of flavor and texture!
Let me know what you think of these gorgeous roasted garlic vegan mashed potatoes in the comments and please rate the recipe too! Thank you!
Love potatoes? So do we! Check out these great recipes!
Sign up to our email list and get a fabulous (and free) recipe ebook with 10 delicious vegan dinner recipes! You’ll also be the first to know when new recipes are posted to the blog.Print
Deliciously fluffy vegan mashed potatoes with roasted garlic. Creamy, buttery, garlicky and everything mashed potatoes should be. Gluten-Free.
- 4 Large Potatoes
- Head of Garlic
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 4 Tbsp (60g) Vegan Butter
- 1/4–1/2 cup (60-120ml) Soy Milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper (to taste)
- Fresh Chives
- Preheat the oven to 430°F (220°C). Make your roasted garlic by peeling the outer flaky layers off the head of garlic, then using a knife chop off just the tips of the garlic. Wrap in tinfoil, pour over 1 tsp Olive Oil and rub it into the garlic. Close the tinfoil and bake for 35 mins until perfectly roasted. For pictures and full step by step instructions go to my Roasted Garlic Tutorial.
- Peel and slice the potatoes into halves and then slice each half into quarters. Place the potatoes into a pot and cover with water. Bring to the boil and cook covered for around 20-25 minutes until soft.
- When the potatoes are cooked, drain the water from the pot and leave the potatoes behind in the pot and allow them to sit for a few minutes as any remaining water on the potatoes will dry off.
- Then add the vegan butter and mash in with a potato masher.
- Then add the soy milk, starting with 1/4 cup and mashing it in, if it still looks a little dry, add another 1/4 cup of soy milk.
- By this time the garlic should be roasted. Using your fingers, pop the cloves of the garlic out, and then mash with a fork. Mash in with the potatoes.
- Lastly add sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Garnish with fresh chives and serve.
- Category: Side, Gluten-Free
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 4)
- Calories: 333
- Sugar: 4.6g
- Sodium: 425mg
- Fat: 9.2g
- Saturated Fat: 1.6g
- Carbohydrates: 56g
- Fiber: 5.6g
- Protein: 6.6g
Keywords: vegan mashed potatoes