I’ve been on a real smoothie kick lately. You may have noticed. In the past few weeks I’ve posted a fair few! We’ve had the double thick creamy papaya smoothie, watermelon smoothie and the best damn strawberry smoothie, which is a kind of strawberries and cream vibe. As in – VERY different to this one!
This one you see before you is a glorious 2-ingredient strawberry banana smoothie.
The freshest most delicious strawberries are blended with frozen bananas for a strawberry ice cream kind of smoothie experience.
If your strawberries are not very sweet, you might need to add a little extra sweetener in the form of some maple syrup or date honey. I didn’t need to, the strawberries I had on hand were delicious!
But you know how it is, sometimes they can be a little tart/less sweet, so if that’s the case, then a little maple syrup or date honey or even fresh dates added to the blender will sort that out.
I’m hoping you will love this strawberry smoothie, it’s thick, creamy, ice-cold, satisfying and tastes like strawberry ice cream!
Sip it through a straw or eat it with a spoon, either way it’s great.
It’s also just 2-ingredients (or 3 if you need a little extra sweetness) and comes together in 5 minutes!
So it’s perfect for a snack you can whip together at any time. My favorite time for smoothies is breakfast, or after a workout. Nothing refreshes and hydrates like fruit!
If you have any questions or comments post them down below, I always love to hear from you! And if you’ve made this recipe, let us know how it turned out!
If you happen to take any pics, tag them #lovingitvegan on instagram so we can see them too! Thank you!
- 4 Frozen Bananas (14oz/400g) - Previously peeled, quartered and frozen
- 2 cups (288g) Whole Fresh Strawberries
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup or Date Honey (Optional)
- Wash the strawberries and cut off the stems.
- Add them to the blender jug and blend.
- Then add the frozen bananas and blend until thick and creamy.
- Taste test and if needed add the maple syrup or date honey and blend again.
- Pour out into two glasses and serve.