This vegan coffee smoothie is soooo delicious.
It’s perfect for summer mornings when you want your coffee fix but don’t want hot drinks! And yes, you could have a vegan iced coffee, which is a great idea too, but what if you want your coffee and your breakfast in one?
Then you want this shake!
It’s amazingly easy to make this, 5 super simple ingredients, a quick blend in the blender and you have your breakfast smoothie and coffee in one go.
The only thing you need to prepare in advance is frozen bananas. The best thing to do is freeze any excess ripe bananas that you have on hand, peel them, break them into quarters and place them in freezer bags, so that whenever you want to make a smoothie, your freezer is already well stocked.
I used light coconut milk in this coffee smoothie, but if you wanted to use a different non-dairy milk you could absolutely do it too, or go for full fat coconut milk if you want it to be really rich.
I also used almond butter because I feel like almond butter and coffee are a great flavor match, but you could also substitute this for another nut butter if you want to switch things up. Peanut butter would work great too.
And then I used my latest favorite thing which is instant espresso powder, which I also used in our vegan iced coffee. I’m quite a fan! But really any instant coffee powder is going to work great here, so whatever you usually use.
I used 4 tsp which for me is quite strong, but I found it totally delicious. If you prefer it milder, 2 tsp would also be fine, and of course if you like it really strong, go wild!
I hope you’ll really enjoy this vegan coffee smoothie, it is:
- Super quick and easy
This is a smoothie that you want to drink fairly soon, you want it nice and cold and you want to drink it within an hour so that the bananas don’t oxidize. It’s not something you’ll make in advance and then drink hours later. But when it’s freshly made, it’s a real treat.
Let me know what you think of this vegan coffee smoothie in the comments, and please rate the recipe too. Thanks so much. For more fabulous vegan smoothies, check out these great options:
- Watermelon Smoothie
- Mango Smoothie
- Matcha Green Tea Smoothie
- Blueberry Banana Smoothie
- Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
Sign up to our email list for a gorgeous (and free!) 10-recipe ebook and to stay updated with all our latest recipes posted to the blog.
Vegan Coffee Smoothie
- 14 ounces Light Coconut Milk (400ml)
- 3 Medium Frozen Bananas (300g) previously peeled, broken into quarters and frozen for at least 12 hours
- 2 Tbsp Almond Butter or Peanut Butter
- 4 tsp Instant Espresso Powder
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- Add the coconut milk, frozen bananas, almond butter, instant espresso powder and maple syrup into your blender jug and blend until smooth.
- Pour out into two glasses and serve.
- You can use full fat coconut milk if you want this recipe to be richer, or switch for a different non-dairy milk.
- You can sub any instant coffee powder for the instant espresso powder. Use less coffee if you prefer a milder flavor.