Pumpkin Pie is a very uniquely American dish. I had never encountered it in South Africa where I’m from. But let me tell you, now that I have been introduced to this, I am a very big fan!
What is super awesome about pumpkin pie is that it’s not sickly sweet. It’s perfectly sweet, and wonderfully textured, but not super sweet. This just means you can have a really LARGE slice and feel perfectly fine about it. Good stuff.
Since it’s Thanksgiving coming up for a lot of people and this is a perfect Thanksgiving pie, my timing is simply perfect on this one. Which is rare, hence the self-congratulatory aspect.
This pie is also heaps of fun to make and couldn’t be easier.
You simply throw all the ingredients into a blender and then pour it out onto your pre-made (uncooked) vegan pie crust, bake it for a bit, let it cool, pipe some whipped coconut cream onto it and bingo bango you have a very impressive pie.
This vegan pumpkin pie is just 8-ingredients too!
I used my super awesome homemade pumpkin pie spice in this pie. And you know, I just so happened to be testing this pie recipe around the time of my birthday, so instead of birthday cake we had pumpkin pie for my birthday dinner.
And everyone loved it!
You can either use a store-bought uncooked pie crust OR make your own using my super easy vegan pie crust recipe.
You will love this vegan pumpkin pie, it’s wonderfully spicy with the perfect blend of pumpkin pie spice, super flavorful and wonderfully creamy.
It also keeps perfectly in the fridge (covered) for up to a week! Though the chances of it lasting that long are pretty slim. It’s just too good.
Any comments or questions, post them down below! And if you make this vegan pumpkin pie, pop back and let us know how it turned out!
Tag any pics #lovingitvegan on instagram so I don’t miss out on seeing them.
And if you haven’t already, subscribe to our mailing list and get a free recipe ebook containing 10 awesome recipes! And stay up to date on all our new recipe postings, woop woop!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Add all the filling ingredients to a blender and blend until perfectly smooth.
- Pour out over your uncooked pie crust and smooth with a spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 60 minutes.
- When you remove it from the oven, it will still be quite wobbly in the center, this is completely fine, it will firm up when cooling.
- Allow to cool and then place into the refrigerator to set completely, around 4 hours at least or overnight if possible until completely chilled and set.
- Decorate the pie and serve with whipped coconut cream.