This vegan couscous salad is my kind of meal because it’s so easy to throw together.
You can literally have dinner on the table in 15 minutes if you’re having this.
And yes, I do call this dinner. Sure, it can be a side dish too and it makes a perfect side, but it can totally be the main event. It’s super filling and satisfying and topped with a tahini soy dressing it’s pretty much the height of deliciousness.
To ‘cook’ couscous all you have to do is soak it in boiling water. So you add 1 cup of couscous to a bowl and then add 1 cup of boiling water. Cover the bowl and leave it for a few minutes. Then you come back, fluff it with a fork, add a little vegan butter (or olive oil as you like), some salt and pepper, fluff it some more, and there you have it – couscous done.
Mix in some delicious fresh salad goodies like shredded lettuce, cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumber, some sweet corn, sliced olives and sundried tomatoes and you have a stunning salad bowl filled with color.
Add some sliced avocado and mix up a delicious tahini soy dressing to pour over the top, a little cilantro to decorate and boom – the salad of your dreams is ready to eat!
This salad can easily serve 4. Since there are two of us in my house, we divide it up and then Jaye eats all of his and I eat about half of mine and save the rest to eat the next day.
So maybe it serves 3 if you have someone of a similar appetite (very large!) to Jaye in your household.
And if you’re serving it as a side then it can easily serve 6 or even 8.
So I think you’ll love this vegan couscous salad, it is:
- Ready in 15 minutes!
- Amazingly delicious!
This is a meal that is at its best when super fresh, but if you think you will have leftovers, then only add avocado to the portion you’ll eat right away, and put the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge to enjoy the next day.
So let us know what you think of this vegan couscous salad in the comments! And please rate the recipe too, thank you!
For more delicious vegan salad recipes, check out these awesome salads:
- Vegan Sweet Potato Salad
- Vegan Quinoa Salad
- Black Bean and Corn Salad
- Vegan Pasta Salad
- Roasted Butternut and Avocado Salad
- Vegan Potato Salad
Sign up to our email list for an awesome vegan dinner recipes ebook containing 10 delicious recipes (entirely free) and to stay updated with all our latest recipes posted to the blog.
Fresh and colorful vegan couscous salad. This super easy salad is ready in 15 minutes and it’s filling, satisfying and delicious!
For the Couscous:
- 1 cup (173g) Couscous (Dry)
- 1 cup (240ml) Boiling Water
- 1 Tbsp Vegan Butter
- Sprinkle Salt and Pepper (to taste)
For the Salad:
- 1/2 Head Iceberg Lettuce (shredded)
- 1/2 Large Cucumber (chopped)
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes (sliced)
- 10 Sundried Tomatoes (sliced)*
- 12 Pitted Green Olives (sliced)
- 1 15oz (425g) Can Sweet Corn (drained)
For the Tahini Soy Dressing:
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Tahini
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Crushed Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1–2 Tbsp Water (to thin it out)
- 2 Avocados (Sliced)
- Fresh Cilantro
- Add the couscous to a bowl and then pour the boiling water over it. Cover with a cloth and leave for a few minutes. Then fluff it with a fork and add in the vegan butter and mix in and then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, olives and sweet corn into a mixing bowl and toss together. Add in the couscous and toss.
- Add all the dressing ingredients except the water to a bowl or jug and whisk together. Add in just enough water to get it to the right consistency.
- Pour over the dressing and serve with sliced avocado and fresh cilantro.
*Sundried tomatoes in oil are the tastiest for this recipe.
- Category: Entree, Dinner, Savory, Salad
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the Recipe
- Calories: 538
- Sugar: 11.1g
- Sodium: 630mg
- Fat: 24.6g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 70.4g
- Fiber: 12.9g
- Protein: 14.3g
Keywords: vegan couscous salad