This vegan couscous salad is fresh and colorful and super easy to make. It’s filling, satisfying and delicious and ready in 15 minutes.
This vegan couscous salad is my kind of meal because it’s so easy to throw together.
You can literally have dinner on the table in 15 minutes if you’re having this.
And yes, I do call this dinner. Sure, it can be a side dish too and it makes a perfect side, but it can also totally be the main event.
It’s super filling and satisfying and topped with a tahini soy dressing it’s pretty much the height of deliciousness.
How To Make Vegan Couscous Salad
You will find full instructions and measurements in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. This is a summary of the process to go along with the process photos.
To ‘cook’ couscous all you have to do is soak it in boiling water. So you add 1 cup of couscous to a bowl and then add 1 cup of boiling water. Cover the bowl and leave it for a few minutes. Then you come back, fluff it with a fork, add a little vegan butter (or olive oil as you like), some salt and pepper, fluff it some more, and there you have it – couscous done.
Mix in some delicious fresh salad goodies like shredded lettuce, cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumber, some sweet corn, sliced olives and sundried tomatoes and you have a stunning salad bowl filled with color.
Mix up a delicious tahini soy dressing to pour over the top, just add the ingredients to a measuring jug and whisk them together.
Add a little cilantro to decorate, some sliced avocado and boom – the salad of your dreams is ready to eat!
This salad will serve 4 as a main course. As a side dish it will serve 6-8.
It’s a meal on it’s own but if you’d like to serve it alongside other dishes then it would be great as a side dish alongside vegan fish or vegan chicken.
If you’d like to add extra protein to this couscous salad then some good options would be chickpeas or tofu. Air fryer tofu, baked tofu or fried tofu would all be great options.
This is a meal that is at its best when super fresh, but if you think you will have leftovers, then only add avocado to the portion you’ll eat right away, and put the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
It will store well in the fridge (without avocado) for up to 2 days.
More Delicious Vegan Salad Recipes
- Vegan Sweet Potato Salad
- Vegan Quinoa Salad
- Avocado Corn Black Bean Salad
- Vegan Pasta Salad
- Roasted Butternut Squash Salad
- Vegan Potato Salad
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a comment and rating below!
Vegan Couscous Salad
For the Couscous:
- 1 cup Couscous (173g) Dry weight
- 1 cup Boiling Water (240ml)
- 1 Tablespoon Vegan Butter
- Sprinkle Salt and Pepper To taste
For the Salad:
- ½ Head Iceberg Lettuce Shredded
- ½ Large Cucumber Chopped
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes Sliced
- 10 Sun Dried Tomatoes Sliced
- 12 Pitted Green Olives Sliced
- 15 ounce Can Whole Kernel Corn Drained
For the Tahini Soy Dressing:
- ¼ cup Tahini (60ml)
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- ½ teaspoon Crushed Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1-2 Tablespoons Water to thin it out
- 2 Medium Avocados Sliced
- Fresh Cilantro
- Add the couscous to a bowl and then pour the boiling water over it. Cover with a cloth and leave for a few minutes. Then fluff it with a fork and add in the vegan butter and mix in and then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, olives and corn into a mixing bowl and toss together. Add in the couscous and toss.
- Add all the dressing ingredients except the water to a bowl or jug and whisk together. Add in just enough water to get it to the right consistency.
- Pour over the dressing and serve with sliced avocado and fresh cilantro.
- Sun dried tomatoes in oil are the tastiest for this recipe.
- This recipe will serve 8 as a side dish or 4 as a main course.
- Nutritional information includes dressing and avocados.
So colorful and fantastic 🙂 🙂
Anna Andrews says
An awesome appetiser!