Sometimes a salad is a side dish, and sometimes it’s the main event. In the case of this vegan sweet potato salad it’s definitely the main event.
It’s super filling and satisfying and you can absolutely call it dinner. A very delicious and healthy dinner too.
And it’s super simple and pretty quick too.
To start with you peel and slice some sweet potatoes. If your sweet potatoes are very large, you may want to cut the rounds in half so you don’t have huge rounds, but in the case of our sweet potatoes, they were quite small, so as you can see the rounds were a perfect size.
Throw them into a big bowl and add some olive oil, salt and pepper, onion powder and garlic powder, smoked paprika and cayenne pepper and toss so that all the pieces are lightly covered.
Then place onto a parchment lined baking tray and place into the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
While your sweet potato is baking, you prepare the rest of the salad ingredients. A simple mix of black beans, green olives, chopped cilantro, sundried tomatoes and a little salt and pepper. Toss that up in a bowl.
Prepare your salad dressing, in this case we used our tahini salad dressing which is a perfect flavor blend with this salad!
Grab a bag of mixed lettuce leaves, and slice some avocado and you’re ready to assemble that salad as soon as the sweet potato comes out of the oven.
This isn’t a salad that you want to toss up in a giant salad bowl, because the sweet potato will tend to break up and then the overall look won’t be that appealing.
So you can arrange everything in a salad bowl and then carefully dish up for everyone, or just dish onto individual plates from the start.
So I think you are really going to love this vegan sweet potato salad! It is:
- Topped with tahini dressing
- Quick and easy
Serve immediately and enjoy super fresh.
So leave us a comment and let us know what you think of this vegan sweet potato salad! Please rate the recipe too, thanks!
For more delicious vegan salad recipes, check out these options:
- Vegan Potato Salad
- Vegan Quinoa Salad
- Vegan Pasta Salad
- Black Bean and Corn Salad
- Roasted Butternut and Avocado Salad
Sign up to our email list while you’re here, we’ll send you a fabulous dinner recipes ebook containing 10 awesome recipes (entirely free) and you’ll stay updated with all the latest recipes posted to the blog.
Fresh and colorful vegan sweet potato salad topped with a delicious tahini dressing. This salad isn’t a side dish it’s the main event! Filling and satisfying.
For the Roasted Sweet Potatoes:
- 5 Medium Sweet Potatoes (~2.2lb/1kg / peeled and sliced into rounds)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
For the Black Bean and Cilantro Mix:
- 12 Green Olives (Pitted)
- 1 15oz (425g) Can Black Beans (Drained)
- 1/2 cup Cilantro (Chopped)
- 10 Sundried Tomatoes
- Pinch of salt and pepper
For the Salad:
- 8 cups Mixed Lettuce or Mixed Salad Greens (~300g)*
- 1 Avocado (Sliced)
For the Tahini Dressing:
- 1 Full Batch Tahini Salad Dressing
- Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
- Peel and slice the sweet potatoes and add to a bowl with the olive oil, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika and cayenne pepper and toss together so that all the pieces of sweet potato are lightly coated.
- Transfer to a parchment lined baking tray and spread them out evenly.
- Place into the oven to bake for 30 minutes.
- While the sweet potato is baking, prepare the rest of your salad ingredients.
- Slice the olives and the sundried tomatoes, chop the cilantro and add to a bowl with the black beans and a dash of salt and pepper. Toss together.
- Wash your mixed lettuce greens and peel and slice your avocado.
- Prepare your tahini salad dressing as per our tahini salad dressing recipe by adding all the ingredients to a measuring jug and then whisking it up with a hand whisk.
- When the sweet potatoes are cooked assemble the plates of salad with salad greens on the bottom, then the black bean and cilantro mix, then some sweet potato slices, avocado slices and top with a drizzle of tahini dressing.
- Alternatively, you can place it all in a big salad bowl, but be careful when you dish up so that you don’t break up the sweet potato.
*This amount of mixed lettuce greens are usually the amount you get in one big bag of pre-packed salad greens in a supermarket. You can switch out the greens for any greens of your choice.
*The nutritional information provided is for 1 serving of 4 of sweet potato salad with tahini dressing.
- Category: Salad, Gluten-Free, Entree, Savory
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 4)
- Calories: 584
- Sugar: 15.6g
- Sodium: 1094mg
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated Fat: 3.2g
- Carbohydrates: 82.9g
- Fiber: 20.7g
- Protein: 14.5g
Keywords: vegan sweet potato salad