Sometimes a salad is a side dish, and sometimes it’s the main event. In the case of this vegan sweet potato salad it’s definitely the main event.
It’s super filling and satisfying and you can absolutely call it dinner. A very delicious and healthy dinner too.
And it’s super simple and pretty quick too.
To start with you peel and slice some sweet potatoes. If your sweet potatoes are very large, you may want to cut the rounds in half so you don’t have huge rounds, but in the case of our sweet potatoes, they were quite small, so as you can see the rounds were a perfect size.
Throw them into a big bowl and add some olive oil, salt and pepper, onion powder and garlic powder, smoked paprika and cayenne pepper and toss so that all the pieces are lightly covered.
Then place onto a parchment lined baking tray and place into the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
While your sweet potato is baking, you prepare the rest of the salad ingredients. A simple mix of black beans, green olives, chopped cilantro, sundried tomatoes and a little salt and pepper. Toss that up in a bowl.
Prepare your salad dressing, in this case we used our tahini salad dressing which is a perfect flavor blend with this salad!
Grab a bag of mixed lettuce leaves, and slice some avocado and you’re ready to assemble that salad as soon as the sweet potato comes out of the oven.
This isn’t a salad that you want to toss up in a giant salad bowl, because the sweet potato will tend to break up and then the overall look won’t be that appealing.
So you can arrange everything in a salad bowl and then carefully dish up for everyone, or just dish onto individual plates from the start.
So I think you are really going to love this vegan sweet potato salad! It is:
- Topped with tahini dressing
- Quick and easy
Serve immediately and enjoy super fresh.
So leave us a comment and let us know what you think of this vegan sweet potato salad! Please rate the recipe too, thanks!
For more delicious vegan salad recipes, check out these options:
- Vegan Potato Salad
- Vegan Quinoa Salad
- Vegan Pasta Salad
- Black Bean and Corn Salad
- Roasted Butternut Squash Salad
- Vegan Kale Salad
Sign up to our email list while you’re here, we’ll send you a fabulous dinner recipes ebook containing 10 awesome recipes (entirely free) and you’ll stay updated with all the latest recipes posted to the blog.
Vegan Sweet Potato Salad
For the Roasted Sweet Potatoes:
For the Black Bean and Cilantro Mix:
- 12 Green Olives Pitted
- 15 ounce Can Black Beans Drained, or 1 and ½ cups Cooked Black Beans
- ½ cup Cilantro Chopped
- 10 Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Sprinkle Salt and Pepper
For the Salad:
- 8 cups Mixed Lettuce (300g) or Mixed Salad Greens
- 1 Medium Avocado Sliced
For the Tahini Dressing:
- 1 Recipe Tahini Salad Dressing
- Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
- Peel and slice the sweet potatoes and add to a bowl with the olive oil, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika and cayenne pepper and toss together so that all the pieces of sweet potato are lightly coated.
- Transfer to a parchment lined baking tray and spread them out evenly.
- Place into the oven to bake for 30 minutes.
- While the sweet potato is baking, prepare the rest of your salad ingredients.
- Slice the olives and the sun dried tomatoes, chop the cilantro and add to a bowl with the black beans and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Toss together.
- Wash your mixed lettuce greens and peel and slice your avocado.
- When the sweet potatoes are cooked assemble the plates of salad with salad greens on the bottom, then the black bean and cilantro mix, then sweet potato slices, avocado slices and top with a drizzle of tahini dressing.
- Alternatively, you can place it all in a big salad bowl, but be careful when you dish up so that you don't break up the sweet potato.
- The nutritional information includes the tahini dressing.