Kahlua coffee is like an Irish coffee with Kahula instead of whiskey. It’s a perfect all-in-one dessert, coffee & cocktail.
A Kahlua coffee is basically an Irish coffee with Kahlua instead of whiskey. Since Kahlua is already coffee flavored it goes fabulously well in coffee!
And topped with some delicious whipped coconut cream and vegan chocolate shavings this is a seriously good drink!
You’ll also love our Vegan White Russian.
How To Make Kahlua Coffees
They are so easy to make. It’s just a case of making some filter coffee and then adding it to wine glasses along with an ounce (per glass) of Kahlua.
Spoon some whipped coconut cream over the top (plain, not sweetened) and then add some vegan chocolate shavings to the top for decoration.
You get the nice kick from the caffeine along with the pleasant buzz from the Kahlua making this a very pleasant and pleasing drink.
Have your coffee, your dessert and a cocktail in one fabulous drink!
- Kahlua – is coffee liqueur. Feel free to use any coffee liqueur, it doesn’t have to be the brand name Kahlua.
- Vegan whipped cream – we topped these coffees with vegan whipped coconut cream that we whipped up from a chilled can of coconut cream. You can do the same or you can use any store-bought vegan whipped cream that you prefer.
- Light brown sugar – Kahlua is already quite sweet so adding it to the coffee already provides some sweetness, but I found that adding a teaspoon of light brown sugar to each glass before adding the vegan whipped cream made it the perfect sweetness. But this is a personal preference thing so just taste test it before adding any sugar in case you prefer it without any added sugar.
More Delicious Vegan Drinks
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a comment and rating below!
- 1 ¼ cups Filter Coffee (300ml)
- 2 ounces Kahlua (60ml) or other coffee liqueur
- Light Brown Sugar To Taste
- Vegan Whipped Cream
- Vegan Dark Chocolate
- Take 2 wine glasses and add an ounce of Kahlua to each. Then pour in filter coffee until near to the top.
- Taste test to see if you'd like added sugar and then add light brown sugar to reach the required sweetness.
- Spoon vegan whipped cream on top and then sprinkle on some vegan chocolate shavings.
- Serve immediately.
- You can use any coffee liqueur, it doesn’t have to be Kahlua.
- Nutritional estimate excludes sugar and vegan whipped cream.