Simple and delicious vegan macaroni salad with the most divine creamy dressing. Veggie packed and extremely flavorful. Ideal for picnics, potlucks and barbecues!
A macaroni salad is the perfect dish to take along to a barbecue or a picnic! It’s really easy to make and perfect to prepare in advance so you can easily make it the night before.
And it’s totally delicious. You have crunchy veggies tossed with macaroni and then covered in the most divine dressing. It’s a treat!
As a side salad it’s pretty much my favorite thing, well this and some vegan potato salad!
How to make Vegan Macaroni Salad
A delicious macaroni salad is all about that dressing! We used cashews in the sauce and we soaked them first.
So before doing anything else, put your cashews into a bowl and pour over boiling hot water from the kettle, and then just leave them to soak for an hour.
Cook your macaroni according to your package instructions. Drain and set aside.
Chop up your veggies! We used red bell pepper, celery, spring onions, sundried tomatoes and fresh chopped basil.
When your cashews are soaked, you’re ready to make the dressing. Add the soaked cashews to the blender jug along with vegan mayonnaise, white wine vinegar, maple syrup, olive oil, dijon mustard, dried dill, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, sea salt, black pepper and some water. Blend until smooth.
Add your macaroni to a salad bowl. Top with the chopped veggies and then pour over the sauce. Toss it all together until well mixed.
Then cover and place into the fridge for around an hour to chill and for the flavors to blend beautifully so they really pop. And then you’re ready to serve.
How Long Can You Keep Vegan Macaroni Salad?
It keeps perfectly (covered) in the fridge for around 5 days.
Can I make this Vegan Macaroni Salad in Advance?
It’s the perfect salad to make in advance! It keeps beautifully in the fridge so if you make it the night before a picnic or pot luck or barbecue, then it will probably just be all the more delicious the next day!
You will love this vegan macaroni salad! It is:
- Veggie Packed
- Perfect for picnics or barbecues
Store leftovers in the fridge (covered) for up to 5 days. It is not freezer friendly.
More Delicious Vegan Salad Recipes!
- Vegan Couscous Salad
- Vegan Quinoa Salad
- Vegan Kale Salad
- Vegan Sweet Potato Salad
- Vegan Caesar Salad
- Vegan Pasta Salad
So let us know what you think of this vegan macaroni salad recipe in the comments! And please rate the recipe too, thanks!
Sign up to our email list and we’ll send you a gorgeous (and free) recipe ebook containing 10 delicious vegan dinner recipes. You’ll also be the first to know when new recipes are posted to the blog.
Vegan Macaroni Salad
For the Salad:
- 16 ounces Elbow Macaroni (450g) Dry Weight
- 1 Medium Red Bell Pepper Chopped
- 4 Stalks Celery Chopped
- ½ cup Spring Onions Chopped
- ½ cup Sundried Tomatoes Chopped
- ½ cup Fresh Basil Chopped
- The cashews need to be soaked for the dressing. So place them into a bowl and pour over hot water from the kettle and then let them sit for an hour and then drain them before use.
- Cook the macaroni according to your package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Chop and prepare your veggies.
- When your cashews are soaked, you're ready to make the dressing. Add the soaked cashews to the blender jug along with vegan mayonnaise, white wine vinegar, maple syrup, olive oil, dijon mustard, dried dill, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, sea salt, black pepper and water. Blend until smooth.
- Add the macaroni to a salad bowl. Top with the chopped veggies and then pour over the sauce. Toss it all together until well mixed.
- Then cover the bowl and place it into the fridge for around an hour to chill and for the flavors to blend.
- Spring onions are also called green onions or salad onions or scallions.
- Prep time is for hands on time and does not include the time spent soaking the cashews or the time for the macaroni salad to chill in the fridge.